IPB

Здравствуйте, гость ( Вход | Регистрация )

Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему
Hifiman Hm-801portable Player Preorder
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 14.5.2009, 16:03
Сообщение #1

Активный участник

Из: Москва

HiFiMAN HM-801Portable Player Preorder

Итак, вероятно свершилось. Head Dirrect (он же теперь HiFiMan) сдержал обещание и анонсирвал первый цыфровой аудиоплеер предназначенный исключительно для качественного воспроизведения музыки. Да еще и модульной конструкции... Информации пока немного, но в следующей закупке от Head Dirrect этот плеер уже буедт. И его можно будет пощпать.

А пока что читаем... думаем...

Features

Modular Design: Modular Amplifier Bay (Named GanQi Bay) and 14.8 volt Lithium Polymer Battery Bay
Memory: SDHC Card
DAC function: Coaxial (44.1kHz only) , USB DAC (up to 96kHz)
DAC Chip: Burr-Brown PCM1704U (for Player, Coaxial and USB) ; Op-Amp: OPA627
Size: 114 mm *78mm * 25.5 mm or 4.49 * 3.07 * 1.00 Inch
Output: Headphone out; Line out
Exchangeable Module Battery Life : 6 to 8 hours (Depend on what Modular Amplifier board inside)
Charger and External Power supply: E-core Transformer (still can get Hi-Fi grade sound quality while charging)
Accessory: Lithium polymer battery, External Power Supply, USB cable, mini-coaxial adapter

Music Format Support

APE Fast、Normal、High Mode
AAC 16K-320Kbps
FLAC、WMAlossless VBR 44.1kHz (will support 24bit 96KHz via softerware upgrade in the future)
WMA 8-355kbps
OGG Quality 0-Quality 10
WAV PCM,MS-ADPCM,IMA-ADPCM
MP3(VBR) 8-320Kbps

________________________________________________________________________________

Первые мнения

http://www.mingo-hmw.com/forum/redirect.ph...p;goto=lastpost

HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC

Head-Direct's HiFiMAN HM-801 Portable Player / DAC Review: Part One of Two

The HiFiMAN HM-801

Note: Head-Direct is in the process of changing its product brand to HiFiMAN.

Of our community of Members of the Trade (MOTs) and Sponsors, there'sno doubt that Fang from Head-Direct has been one of the mostinteresting to me. First of all, years ago, he introduced himself to meto ask about Head-Fi.org sponsorship, and also to ask if it would beokay to approach some community members to audition a China-made,high-end, high-impedance earbud he was intending to sell. Straightaway, I thought the guy was bonkers. Considering I'd never heard ofthis man and his company before, what of all of thosequalities--China-made, expensive, high-impedance, earbud--would lead meto believe this was going to be a worthwhile venture?

That earbud was the Yuin PK-1, and, if you're a long-time member ofthis community, there's a good chance you know by now that, beginningwith the PK-1, Fang (and his company Head-Direct) has shown an uncannyknack for knowing what many of us--sometimes unbeknownst even toourselves until he shows us--will want or need. And, by the way, yearslater, that PK-1 remains the only standard form factor earbud I useregularly, as it sounds very good when driven by a high-qualityportable headphone amplifier.

In addition to the PK series, there was the OK earphone series--anotherproduct I didn't get initially. Lesseeeee….an in-ear earphonethat doesn't isolate from ambient noise much--really?Then, soon after the OK's release, one of my friends asked me if therewas such a thing as an in-ear earphone that doesn't block out hisofficemates, as (a) standard form factor earbuds didn't tend to stay inhis ears, (cool.gif he needed something less conspicuous than over-earheadphones in his workplace, and © he needed to be able to hear whenhis co-workers were talking to him. Bingo. I now have my own OK-1, too, by the way.

Of course, Fang has also brought many other products to us, including awhole new line of full-size electrostatic headphones, a variety of ampsand portable amps, other earphones and headphones, and more.Head-Direct has come a long way since first we met, but Fang isn'tsitting still--when it comes to audio product ideas, he never seems tosit still.

The other endearing thing about Fang is how unabashedly proud he is tobe Chinese. One day, a couple of years back, a rather large packagearrived for me from Fang. Inside was a collection of plush toy versionsof the Beijing Olympics cartoon mascots. When I inquired about why hesent it, the answer was simply that he was excited and proud that Chinawas going to be hosting the Summer Olympics, and he wanted to sharethat spirit with me. I still look at those little toys from time totime, and can't help but smile. So proud to be Chinese is he that Fangis dedicated to proving to us that China-made audio products can be ofhigh quality, be unique and innovative, and, most importantly, also becapable of high performance.

The HiFiMAN HM-801

I think it was around late spring last year when Fang contacted me withanother product idea he was considering: A high-end portable digitalmusic player. "High-end portable digital music player" alone soundsuninspiring; so my first thought was, "What is he intending to offerthat my iPod with lossless files and a good line-out dock won't alreadydo?" His answer floored me. Fang wanted to design a portable musicplayer that stored music on removable media--namely, SD cards--and thathad its own LCD user interface. Cool. He wanted it to be powered by aremovable 15-volt lithium-polymer battery. Also cool. He wanted it tohave a high-quality headphone amp module--"module" because he wanted topossibly be able to offer different headphone amp modules in thefuture, or possibly even offer the module specs publicly so that otherscan also do so. Cooler.He wanted the DAC section to be the best available portable DAC made,that could also easily and exceedingly serve as one's primary DAC on adesktop or main system--and he intended to do this with, among otherthings, PCM1704 DACs inside, and an output stage that includesOPA627's. Sick. And I mean "sick" in the that's insanely cool and unbelievablekind of way. (For those of you who don't know a thing about the PCM1704or OPA627, just know that you'll typically see these parts used asbragging rights in high-end components, but rarely, if ever, inportable gear.)

(from left) The HiFiMAN HM-801, showing its removable 15-volt lithium-polymer battery; showing its modular headphone amplifier section bay.

At first, his intent for what would be the HM801 (as an outboard DAC) was to include just a coaxial input for the DAC. I stronglysuggested the inclusion of a USB input--given the obviously growingpopularity of computer audio--and Fang considered it. I told him itwould be a cryin' shame to have the PCM1704's inside and not be able tofeed them digital audio from USB. Fang considered it some more, and itwasn't long before he contacted me again to tell me that he had madethe decision to include USB support, and, with that, I told him I'd bethe first in line to buy one. He asked me if I thought it would sellwell at a certain dollar amount he'd estimated the product would haveto come in at. I told him "absolutely." He then said something like,"Good, because I want to sell it as a Head-Fi support project, likeGrado's HF-1 headphone and Meier Audio's HeadFive and HeadSix headphoneamps, with a portion of the proceeds going to Head-Fi." And thus wasborn Head-Direct's HiFiMAN HM-801--or atleast the concept of it--and the fourth such support project inHead-Fi's history. (For a limited time, Fang is sending 10% of the saleprice of each HiFiMAN HM801 to support Head-Fi.org.)

About three weeks ago, the concept of the HM-801became very concrete for me when Fang told me he had a prototype tosend me to evaluate/test/enjoy for a little while. This prototypecontained the media player and DAC sections (the headphone amp modulewasn't ready at the time). He wanted me to evaluate it as aself-contained media player by loading my own files on it and playingthem directly through the analog line out to my headphone amps. He alsowanted me to use it as both a coax-in DAC and a USB DAC, and he wantedme to compare it to my other sources, regardless of brand or price. Forthe last few weeks, I've been doing just that.

What do I think of the HiFiMAN HM801prototype? Let's start with the compromises. To fit everything into aportable chassis the size of a Walkman, a couple of trade-offs had tobe made: First, the analog line output is via a stereo mini jack. Also,the digital coax input is via a mono mini jack. Regarding both of thesethings, I have talked to Drew Baird from Moon Audio, and asked him togive the HM-801 a listen and look (oncethere's a finalized prototype or pre-produciton unit available to lethim evaluate), so that he can design some cables--specifically,stereo-mini-to-RCA(x2) for analog, and RCA-to-mono-mini for digital--tocomplement the HM-801's physical and soniccharacteristics, and to encourage its use as a desktop component, whichit very deservedly should be (I'll get to that in just a bit). I willapproach other cable-making Sponsors, too, to increase the availabilityof cable products designed to partner well with the HiFiMAN HM-801; and I'm sure the DIY and the DIY-MOTs (do-it-your-self-type members of the trade) will also take up the cause.

The analog-out via mini might be less of a concern to some than thedigital-in via mini, due to the desire to ideally maintain 75-ohmcharacteristic impedance with a digital cable, which a miniplugobviously cannot do. This was only a mild concern for me. I say "mild,"because most of our digital components input/output digital via RCAplugs/jacks; and RCA plugs/jacks (still the most popular digitalconnection types for outboard DACs in the audiophile world) havedimensions that do not meet 75-ohm characteristic impedance either, andyet a great many of us haven't let that stop us from successfullyengaging those connections in our digital implementations and upgrades.(In fact, only one of my components--my Wadia 301--has an actual 75-ohmS/PDIF connecting point with its BNC jack.)

Given the minijack implementations, to evaluate the prototype, I usedan i2Digital X-60 coaxial digital cable (fitted with a Radio ShackRCA-to-mini adapter to plug into the HM-801'scoax input), which worked very well. On a theoretical level, thiscould, of course, improve further by eliminating the need for such anadapter, again, by offering custom cables optimized for the purpose.For analog out, I used a Cardas stereo-mini-RCA(x2) cable. Via thesecables, the HM-801 seemed unhindered, interms of performance, compared to other digital sources I had on hand.Simply put, after using the digital coax input of the HM-801, I am left with no concerns whatsoever about the minijack implementation, and I hope and expect that the custom cables for the HM-801 will do nothing but help to squeeze even more performance from it.

And about that performance: To the best of my knowledge, there is currently no other portable product like the HM-801 on the market. Keeping in mind that the heart of of the HM-801's DAC section contains the PCM1704 DACs (and its output section the OPA627's), you simply cannot compare an iPod to it--unless that iPod is docked in a Wadia iTransport, and that in turn is feeding digital to a phenomenal outboard DAC.

Because I haven't yet heard its headphone amp module, I don't exactly know how the HM-801is going to sound as a self-contained, portable media player, althoughFang seems to be pretty excited for me to hear the first headphone ampmodule very soon. I did, however, use its analog line-out to feed theTTVJ Portable Millett Hybrid Amp, Ray Samuels Audio Predator, and ALOAudio Double-Mini3 to get some idea of how it might perform on-the-go,and comparisons to my iPods were....well, let's just say that it wouldhave been just as silly to compare my iPods to my GNS/Wadia-moddedWadia 301. Yes, the HM-801 very comfortably plays there.

In the time I had it, here are the setups I used it in:

* Fed by my Wadia's digital output (BNC) via the i2Digital X-60,terminated on the other end by an RCA-mini adapter, to evaluate itsperformance as a coax-fed DAC for disc-spinning.
* Fed by my MacBook Pro's USB out, to evaluate its performance as a USB DAC for computer audio with lossless files.
* Playing from its own built-in flash memory and also from SD cards.(The largest SD card I had on hand was 8GB, but I'm going to pick up atleast a couple 32GB SD cards, and/or several 16GB SD cards, dependingon how the prices work out per GB.)
* As an outboard DAC and self-contained media player, I tried the HM-801 with several portable amps, including the TTVJ Mini, Ray Samuels Audio Predator, and ALO Audio Double Mini-3.
* As an outboard DAC and self-contained media player, I also used the HM-801with the Luxman P-1 headphone amplifier and Ray Samuels Audio Apache(Rev. C) preamp/headphone amp to do quick comparisons between the HM-801 and the Wadia.
* Headphones used: Sennheiser HD800, SHURE SRH840, Sennheiser HD600(single-ended and balanced), Sennheiser HD650, Ultimate Ears UE-10 pro,and a few others.

One of my concerns with such a small chassis includedsusceptibility to noise as a result of tightly packing a power supply,receivers, and DAC stage so close together. Any such fears have beeneliminated, however, as the HM-801prototype had at least as low a noise floor (based on how I test fornoise floor) as any digital component I had on hand, including mymodded Wadia 301. In fact, the only source component on hand that had alower noise floor was Lavry's DA11, the Lavry being quite possibly thequietest source component I've ever plugged into, and so a bit quieterthan the HM-801. In short, the HM-801prototype was very quiet when it should have been, and matched mymodded Wadia's noise floor (to my ears) even when the HiFiMAN HM-801 was plugged into my MacBook Pro's USB jack.

Note: In case you're wondering how I evaluate noise floor byear: I use sensitive custom IEMs plugged into the quietest solid statedesktop amps on hand (set at their least noisy gain settings, to try totake the amp noise out of the equation as much as possible); I turn thevolume all the way up (being sure the source component is indeedplaying, but playing an all-bits-at-zero test track so that what it'splaying is silent); and then I switch between source components,listening carefully. Is it a scope testing at unity gain acrosssources? Of course not. But doing this usually gets me audibly into thenoise floor of most source components I've done this with (except theLavry DA11, which seems to have a noise floor that's at least as low orlower than all of my amps on hand).

Though a zero-bits track proves the HM-801 quiet in the right ways, it is, of course, music that showcases the HM-801's sound, and that sound can be characterized as big, grand.I won't even qualify this one by saying it sounds big "for a smallcomponent," as it would sound so even if it was a full rack-width wideand clad in billet aluminum. In short, there is nothing about its sonicperformance to suggest that the output I was listening to was comingout of anything portable, the dynamics as unrestrained as with myWadia, both being dynamic equals to my ears. One of my tests of scale,both musically and emotionally, is Mahler's Symphony No. 8 (I waslistening specifically to Bertini's Mahler 8 for this). Call me tritein my choice here, but M8's scale is undeniably huge, with matchingdynamic range and drama--not to mention stacked assortments ofinstrument and vocal/choral variety--and has long been one of myfavorite pieces of music of any genre; and the HiFiMAN HM801 deliversit every bit as potently as my modded Wadia, albeit with a differentflavor (which I'm getting to now).

(This review will conclude with Part Two of Two within the next day or so.)

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 22.7.2009, 11:15
Сообщение #2

Активный участник

Вот еще фотки нового хифимана:

Ну и немного дополнения - верхняя панель - аллюминий, нижня сталь. Вес до 300Гр.

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 27.7.2009, 15:55
Сообщение #3

Активный участник

Кстати... вот уже есть "мануал" по замене усилка в Хифимане.
И пара новых фоток...

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 30.7.2009, 13:05
Сообщение #4

Активный участник

Еще немного картинок из жизни долгоожидаемого плеера:

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 31.7.2009, 11:22
Сообщение #5

Активный участник

Update 07/30/2009 Headphone Amplifier Module Spec

Opamp: OPA275
Input Voltage: +/-7.5v
quiescent current 6-7ma
Input Impedance: 20k
closed loop voltage gain: 6dB
Distortion: 0.002%
S/N: 102dB
Frequency: 10Hz - 60KHz (-1dB)
Maximium Undistorted Power Output (RMS)
32 Ohm 1.5v 70mw
150 Ohm 3.4v 77mw
320 Ohm 3.8v 45mw
Maximium Current
32 Ohm +24ma -30ma
150 Ohm +15ma -16ma
320 Ohm +10ma -11ma

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 27.8.2009, 10:10
Сообщение #6

Активный участник

кое что о усилителях. Особенно интересно будет тем, кто любит поработать паяльником.

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 12.7.2010, 9:57
Сообщение #7

Активный участник

Вот сегодня получил немного измерений сего аппарата.
Косвенным образом, это говорит за ту точку зреняи что 1704 не мультибит, а комбинация двух технологий. Чистый мультибит полочку отработал бы идеально. Так как это делает к примеру 1866. А в 1704 есть искажения полки и импульса. Кроме того - импульс на 10кГц слишком уж откровенно наклонный. Чует мое сердечко, что 1704 это вообще дельта чем мультя.
Эскизы прикрепленных изображений
Прикрепленное изображение

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 22.10.2011, 17:35
Сообщение #8

Активный участник

для тех кто в этой теме:
http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=104162&page=2
мой карточный счет
Эскизы прикрепленных изображений

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 28.10.2011, 17:27
Сообщение #9

Активный участник

Установка RockBox на HiFiMan HM801
(внимание - прошивка еще не вылизана до конца, так что установка происходит на свой страх и риск).
1. Скачивайте оба файла приложенные ниже (HM-801.rockbox.zip и HM-801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip) . И само собой - разархивируйте.
2. Один из файлов, тот что IMG - кидаем на плеер во внутреннюю память и перезапускаем плеер.
Далее - о внутренней памяти забываем smile.gif Она перестает быть видна smile.gif Но это вроде как временное решение. Надеюсь как нибудь позже эту фишку исправят.
3. Папку .rockbox из второго архива (тот что HM-801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip) закидываем через картридер (или через плеер до установки прошивки) на карту памяти которую будете использовать с плеером.
P.S. И это важно! Аппарат может виснуть и лечится это только RESET(ом), так что булавку иметь при себе - обязательно smile.gif
Ну и пользуемся smile.gif

Инструкция по возврату на оригинальную прошивку.
1) В архиве tools.rar драйвера + прошивальщик. Устанавливаем драйвера.
(для установки драйвера подключаем плеер к компу, включаем, заходим в меню плеер:
"Система" - "Отладка (не трогать)" - выбираем и запускаем пункт "View HW Info"/ Комп начнет искать драйвера - указываем папку с драйвером)

2) Запускаем прошивальщик RK27_UpgradeImage с правами администратора.
3) Включаем плеер.
4) Подключаем через усб к ПК.
5) Заходим System/Система -> Debug(Don't touch!)/Отладка(не трогать!) -> View HW info.
6) В программе RK27Upgrade_Image напротив "Image??" выбрать прошивку, затем нажать "?? (U)" и подождать.

Обязательно сначала пункт 4, и только потом 5.

Линк для скачивания файлов

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
mortalis
сообщение 19.1.2012, 20:31
Сообщение #10

Новичок

UPDATE 19.01.2012
1) Кнопки теперь должны работать во всех меню (графический эквалайзер и прочее).
2) Убран шум от подсветки.
3) Переход дисплея в энергосберегающий режим, когда подсветка выключена. Это должно немного продлить время работы.

Установка с оригинальной прошивки такая же как в предыдущем сообщении.

Для установки с другой версии рокбокса нужно
1) Удалить папку .rockbox с SD карты.
2) Залить новую папку .rockbox на SD карту.
3)Следовать указаниям инструкции ниже:

(для установки драйвера подключаем плеер к компу, включаем, заходим в меню плеер:
"Система" - "Отладка (не трогать)" - выбираем и запускаем пункт "View HW Info"/ Комп начнет искать драйвера - указываем папку с драйвером)

3) Включаем плеер.
4) Подключаем через усб к ПК.
5) Заходим System/Система -> Debug(Don't touch!)/Отладка(не трогать!) -> View HW info.
6) В программе RK27Upgrade_Image напротив "Image??" выбрать прошивку, затем нажать "?? (U)" и подождать.

Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  HM_801.rockbox.PutOnSDCard.zip ( 1.78 мегабайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1160
Прикрепленный файл  HM_801.rockbox.zip ( 4.57 мегабайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1136
Прикрепленный файл  tools.zip ( 555.16 килобайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1251

+Цитировать сообщение
mortalis
сообщение 24.2.2012, 0:29
Сообщение #11

Новичок

UPDATE 23.02.2012
USB DAC теперь работает

1) Залить новую папку .rockbox на SD карту.
2)Следовать указаниям инструкции ниже:

3) В программе RK27Upgrade_Image напротив "Image??" выбрать прошивку, затем нажать "?? (U)" и подождать.

Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  HM_801.23.02.12.PutOnSDCard.zip ( 1.78 мегабайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1195
Прикрепленный файл  HM_801.23.02.12.rockbox.zip ( 4.57 мегабайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1204

+Цитировать сообщение
mortalis
сообщение 4.3.2012, 16:02
Сообщение #12

Новичок

UPDATE 04.03.2012
Загрузчик с поддержкой dualboot
  • При включении кнопкой power грузится рокбокс.
  • Если включать "power + любая другая кнопка" грузиться официальная прошивка.
  • Если выключенный плеер подключить к усб, грузится официальная прошивка.

1) Залить новую папку .rockbox на SD карту.
2)Следовать указаниям инструкции ниже:

3) В программе RK27Upgrade_Image напротив "Image??" выбрать прошивку, затем нажать "?? (U)" и подождать.
Прикрепленные файлы
Прикрепленный файл  HM_801.RockBox.04.03.2012.zip ( 2.66 мегабайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1319
Прикрепленный файл  HM_801.RockBox.bootloader.04.03.2012.zip ( 4.64 мегабайт ) Кол-во скачиваний: 1399

+Цитировать сообщение
Mycroft Holmes
сообщение 20.1.2014, 10:39
Сообщение #13

Активный участник

Transcend 128Gb Class10 и SmartBuy 128Gb Class10, форматированные в FAT32, работают без нареканий.
( 20.01.2014, 05:16 #5362 Эдгар Каксис pleer.ru)

наткнулся на фразу - подумал что полезная.

Для того, чтоб использовать на данном плеере карты более 32Гб (вплоть до 128Гб и, возможно, более) предварительно следует форматировать карту в exFAT программой SDFormatter, после чего - в FAT32 при помощи Guiformat.

--------------------

+Цитировать сообщение
Anton
сообщение 7.2.2014, 13:33
Сообщение #14

Новичок

Цитата(Mycroft Holmes @ 20.1.2014, 11:39) *
Transcend 128Gb Class10 и SmartBuy 128Gb Class10, форматированные в FAT32, работают без нареканий.
( 20.01.2014, 05:16 #5362 Эдгар Каксис pleer.ru)

наткнулся на фразу - подумал что полезная.

Подписываюсь, смарт бай работает без проблем.

+Цитировать сообщение

Ответить в данную темуНачать новую тему